|Like many of those who have died of overdoses from fentanyl, Tyler Laybolt likely didn’t know the cocaine he was using was lethally laced with it. Laybolt died November 6, 2016 and his mother spoke out.|
Tyler Laybolt was one of several local musicians to take part in a fundraiser for the Phoenix Centre, a detox center for youth and teens with substance abuse issues. A hip-hop artist who performed under the name Guck, he wanted to share his music and do some good with it.
There were 41 overdose deaths in Kamloops in 2016. Through April 2017, 13 deaths.